Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Trash to Treasure!

When I moved into my own apartment not too long ago, I realized that what I once thought was too much furniture was all of a sudden not enough and not enough by a long shot! I needed a dining room table, chairs, rugs, console tables, art, lamps and most importantly the stable of any household.....a Sofa! I looked online for one everywhere but there was no way I was going to be able to fork up $2000 for a sofa, or anything else for that matter. So I got the idea from a friend to find one at a flea market that had the lines and simply have the upholsterer to change the parts of the sofa that I didn't like!!
   This  is the sofa I really wanted! This amazing piece my boss has at the office, he had it designed a few years back.


One day on the way to my friends house I was sitting in my car waiting for the gate to open and it hit me!!! Right behind me was this sofa....

.This sofa that had been sitting by a dumpster by a back lot that was adjacent to me. I had seen this sofa sitting there for several months, at least once a day. I instantly remember my friend telling me about how the upholster could change the lines to my liking. I had the sofa picked up that night and delivered to the upholsterer a week later. I purchased a mink colored velvet off a website for $200 for 17 yards. One LONG month later I had my very own custom, knole inspired sofa with nailhead trim and bolster pillows that you see below!!!!! Couldn't be happier with it, What is one man's trash is another man's SOFA!! ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment