Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Where do I put my Martini???



One of my favorite stores to go to is Circa Interiors in Mountain Brook Village, they have a wonderful mix of old and new that marry together beautifully with the use of neutral colors and simple lines. I found these wonderful little martini tables designed by Bobby Mcalpine called the Altar Boy table and instantly thought to myself "I can make something like that!!"

I knew I had a piece of left over wood that could act as the neck of the table. I went to Hobby Lobby and found a small base and top for my table, which only cost me about $9. 
I wanted the table to be about the height of a low sofa arm or a side chair so, I had to cut the long piece down to about 24". I wanted the base piece to be longer than the top and in order to bring a morn modern flair to the piece, I attached the neck of the piece to the far left side of the base.
I attached the top and base to the neck with some nails and wood glue, added some wood stain and all of a sudden I have to perfect little drink table for a sofa or arm chair that takes up little or no space!! How great is that!! ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment