Friday, April 15, 2011

How to paint a painting!

For the first step I had to choose a surface for the piece. I decided to paint on a piece of particle board that was the backing for the frame, because that is simply how I roll, lol. Then I drew out my basic shapes I wanted.
Next step was to paint the background, the surface, and the bottom of the surface. I chose a grayish brown for the background and darkened the edges, the surface was a lighter color than the background with some simple shadows and some light gray which would act as a reflection on the tables surface for the silver cup. the bottom of the table was a simple black.
I added some blues in a linear fashion to give the appearance of reflections of the objects in the room,  blue will appear as light on the surface and strengthen the idea of metal on the cup!
 In this step I added the Lemons reflection the the cup. Remember to "stretch" the reflection in an upward manner, getting smaller towards the top.
When I added the lemon all i had to do was paint the yellow base and add a black and a brown to the underside. Then I added a white to the top left where my light source was directed from.


Now just let it dry and frame that amazing piece of art you just made!!! ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment