Tuesday, March 29, 2011

I got bored....

I decided I didn't like where the living room was because it wasn't very intimate and when you entered the apartment, you walked directly into the Living space. So, I decided to switch the living room and the dining room. The new dining room would serve as a foyer area instead of a dining room with the removal of the dining chairs from the table, therefore acting as a central hall area or a foyer.
I wanted the new living room to feel like a cozy, dark library or den. I wanted it to have both traditional and modern elements.....I choose a dark tabacco for the walls and wanted the draperies to pull from that as well, thus creating a continuous flow through out the space. Making it a more inviting and warmer space to be in. 
 The Before, very traditional and spare.

The After, Much cozier and inviting.... :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment